Printing Teddy Bears: A Technique for 3D Printing of Soft Interactive Objects (Video)Here's a robot video that I found interesting:
Link to project page & press release: http://ift.tt/1fpQaSK This paper considers the design, construction, and example use of a new type of 3D printer which fabricates three-dimensional objects from soft fibers (wool and wool blend yarn). This printer allows the substantial advantages of additive manufacturing techniques (including rapid turn-around prototyping of physical objects and support for high levels of customization and configuration) to be employed with a new class of material.
You might also enjoy:
- Cuddly: Enchant Your Soft Objects with a Mobile Phone (Video)
- Children making robots for 3D printing (Video)
- Measuring objects in 3D using only a camera and projector #DigInfo (Video)
- 3D Printing: Test Part – KISSlicer Evaluation (Video)
- Whole-Body Motion Planning for Manipulation of Articulated Objects with a Nao Humanoid (ICRA 2013) (Video)