Super-Sized Snapshot (Video)Here's a robot video that I found interesting:
Polaroid's 20x24 cameras, built in the late 70s and named for the dimensions of their snapshots--20 by 24 inches, are the largest living Polaroid cameras in the world. (There was once an even bigger one with 40x80 snapshots but the film has run out.) Five of these 20x24 cameras still exist, and one resides in New York City's 20x24 Studio. The Studio's director, artist John Reuter, demonstrated the 235-pound camera, and Christopher Bonanos, author of Instant: The Story of Polaroid, explained how this camera fits into Polaroid's history.
You might also enjoy:
- ROBO-ONE 13: More Super-Sized Humanoid Robots
- What Evolving Robots Can Teach Us About the History of Life and the Future of Technology (Video)
- Desktop PC-sized Fully Automatic Genetic Testing Device #DigInfo (Video)
- Techonomy 2012: Where’s My Robot? (Video)
- Measuring objects in 3D using only a camera and projector #DigInfo (Video)