i-SODOG Robot Dog Dances, Shakes, Understands Voice Commands, and Totally Rocks! (Video)
After breaking the news last night about Takara Tomy's new i-SODOG robot dog, I was able to get more information plus a set of close-up photos and video of the awesome robot in action.
According to the Takara Tomy representatives I talked to at the Tokyo International Toy Show this afternoon, when it's released for sale in Spring 2013 the i-SODOG will include:
- Features 15 custom servos plus a large selection of pre-programmed motions.
- Owners will be able to build their own motion routines using the i-SOBOT style controller provided with i-SODOG.
- The robot can be controlled using a feature rich smart phone app (iOS & Android).
- Operating times will vary based on how active the robot is, but the company expects an average operating time of 1 hour before recharging becomes necessary.
- i-SODOG can dance in sync with music played on your smart phone.
- The company expects that the robot will recognize up to 50 different voice commands.
- Basic Artificial Intelligence built into the robot will allow it to learn and change it's behavior over time just like its canine counterparts.
- Touch sensors designed into the robot dog's head and back provide interaction. For example, it can tell when you pet it and respond accordingly.
- The robot's nose includes a capacitive touch sensor that can transmit information between two robots when the owner touches each i-SODOG's nose.
- i-SODOG uses the Bluetooth communications protocol.
- The expected sales price here in Japan will be approximately 31,500 yen.
- No official information regarding sales outside of Japan was available at this time.
You might also enjoy: