Experience virtual worlds with the Docomo 3D Live Communication System #DigInfo (Video)NTT DoCoMo developed an interesting virtual world experience that takes advantage of their communications and consumer electronics device experience. It goes well beyond what is normally classified as remote telecommunications.
Unfortunately it isn't clear that customers really want, need, or will pay for, this type of virtual world applications. Apps already exist for smart phones and tablets that incorporate some of the functionality.
As a technology demonstration, the best I can say is that it's "interesting." The jury is still out on whether or not DoCoMo will be able to build a profitable business around apps like this.
Experience virtual worlds with the Docomo 3D Live Communication System http://www.diginfo.tv/v/12-0098-r-en.php DigInfo TV - http://diginfo.tv 30/5/2012 Wireless Japan 2012 NTT DOCOMO 3D Live Communication System
You might also enjoy:
- Intelligent monitoring and warning system for vehicles – Aisin ITS #DigInfo (Video)
- Smart Washstand with Android in the Mirror #DigInfo
- PYGMY – Robot Rings That Enhance Communication (Video)
- Cool New Robot App Infographic (Video)
- Robot Sightings: Nano Robo Propulsion, Virtual Reality, Winning Back Jobs, and more…