IREX 2011: Automation Become Easy
KUKA's slogan at IREX 2011 was "automation becomes easy", implying that if you work with KUKA to implement factory or process automation all the frustrations and pitfalls will disappear.
That's certainly a significant benefit to customers, but it also has some economic implications for manufacturers, especially as the sector goes through a lot of economic rationalization, consolidation, and down-sizing. It's going to be tougher and tougher for automation and robotics companies to survive and thrive independently in the short term - say for the next three to five years, though the long term future for the survivors is very bright.
I'm not sure if that's Harrison Ford in the KUKA ad on the robot arm or a look-a-like.
You might also enjoy:
- The evolution of pick & place factory automation 1952-2009 (Video)
- Projected Rural Population Drop Triggers Call For Automation
- Japanese factory automation robot cells get smaller, and more effective (Video)
- IEEE Spectrum Automation Blog Publishes Amazing Inside Fukushima Robot Report
- The most popular thing at IREX 2009