Telepresence Robot Sets New Ease of Use Standard (Video)
I've been a very vocal critic of most of the telepresence robots already on the market, primarily because many of them look like they were cobbled together from an Erector Set, or tend to have non-intutive user interfaces.
So, which one do I favor?
At the moment, my front running selection is the Gostai Jazz robot. The styling, while not perfect, would look right at home in any office, conference room, or factory tour. More important, the Gostai Jazz user interface seems almost intuitive. Like all 'good' tools, the Gostai Jazz robot, appears to facilitate and encourage communication in contrast with competitors from other robot companies.
Here's an official video clip featuring the robot, how easy it is to manipulate,
You might also enjoy:
- GOSTAI JAZZ Telepresence Robot Leads the Way at InnoRobo 2011 (Video)
- Nakamura's JO-ZERO robot sets a new performance standard (Video)
- Long Anticipated 3D Motion Capture User Interface Device Coming to the Market (Video)
- RoboCup Standard Platform Complex Rulebook (Video)
- Gostai looking for feedback from Urbi users