DARwin-OP Robot Is Open Source and Open Can (video)
I've asked robot builders from all over the world about their ultimate purpose in building a robot. German builders often respond saying they want to improve performance, to design a robot that is better, faster, more reliable, or more precise than others. Japanese builders, especially those involved with humanoids, typically say "I want to build a real Gundam." And, Americans jokingly say they want to design a robot that will "Bring me a beer."
As Andrew Alter at Trossen Robotics found out, there's a problem with that. What if your robot has a serious drinking problem? You better make sure that he can't figure out how to open the can...
You might also enjoy:
- DARwin-OP Robot Is Open Source and Open Can (video)
- Open source MakerBot gains world-wide acceptance
- Open Platform Humanoid Robot DARwin-OP Debuts (Video)
- HackerSpace Discovery – Freaklabs Open Source Wireless Controller (Video)
- Robot Sightings: Bomb Squad Robots, Pole Dancing, Open Source Robotics, and more…