AutoDesk Offering Free 123D Sculpt iPad App
Michael Overstreet, one of our regular readers, RoboGames champion, and hacker extraordinare, alerted us that AutoDesk is currently offering the 123D Sculpt iPad app for FREE. It's likely to be a limited time promotional offer, though we can't be sure. Even if they do eventually charge for it, the feature set looks very impressive.
- Multi-Touch tools let you sculpt and experiment with the details of your creation, just like real clay
- Pull – add bumps and create raised areas to exaggerate details like noses, claws, and fins
- Smooth – soften out rough areas or blend details into one another
- Push – create grooves and valleys by pushing into the shape
- Pinch – create hard edges and ridges to add sharp details
- Grab – grab hold of the shape and stretch it out
- Flatten – make curvy or lumpy surfaces flat
- Bulge – create large or small bulging effects
- Personalize and detail your sculpture using built-in brushes and textures, or use your own images to create exactly the look you want
- Paint – use a bold color palette to add shades, tints, and hues
- Image rub – use your finger to rub areas of a photo directly onto your creation to add realistic details
- Import your own images from your Photo Library or take photos using your iPad 2 camera to use as custom textures
- Create and Share your creations as images or movies on Flickr, Facebook, Dropbox or YouTube
- Email your images directly from the app or save to your Photo Library
- Save transparent PNG images for incorporating into other digital art compositions, or for further processing in apps like SketchBook Pro
- Create 720p HD QuickTime turntables of your sculptures for sharing on YouTube or for import into iMovie projects.
I just downloaded the app and will be exploring it later in the day.
You might also enjoy: