The BBC Checks Out Robot Research at the ISRC University of Ulster (Video)
The BBC recently visited the Cognitive Robotics lab at the University of Ulster, Intelligent Systems Research Center and broadcast a short news segment (see below) covering the advanced robotics research work underway in the lab. While it doesn't disclose anything dramatically new or exciting, the video does provide an additional views of the Willow Garage PR2 preparing coffee and solving a Rubik's cube along with a researching shaking hands with the one of the famous Shadow robotic hands.
That being said, the vintage footage that starts off the video makes it all worthwhile - classic robot camp stuff.
You might also enjoy:
- Robot Research: Assisting The Disabled and Handicapped
- WhiteGoat – A Research Robot With Very Practical Applications (Video)
- Robot Stand-up Comedy with Marilyn Monrobot – Entertainment as Valuable Research (Video)
- Thoughts on the Aldebaran Robotics-Tokyo University Alliance (Video)
- University of Tokyo Selects Aldebaran NAO Robot