Free Surveillance Cameras for Robotics Teams, Physics Labs, and Science Programs
Security Camera Warehouse, located in North Carolina, contacted us about their "Securing the Future" program, designed to encourage and support robotics teams as well as physics labs and science programs by providing free video cameras.
According to the program details:
"You have to be a University or High School to have guaranteed acceptance to receive the free cameras*. Club level robotics teams, optics labs, physics labs, and other programs can also apply but will be approved on a case by case basis. Club level teams need to be primarily educational in nature and have an emphasis on youth and young adults."
The program lists quite a few qualifying cameras and many of them appear to be easily adaptable to suit the needs of a robot surveillance project or remote telepresence application. Understandably, there are several restrictions shown on the website, including the requirement that receipients are limited to the US. Nevertheless, we think it's a great program and a great way for the company to support the robotics community. We wish other companies would follow their lead.
You might also enjoy:
- CNN Documentary Addresses U.S. Science and Math Education Crisis – Features FIRST Robotics (Video)
- Microsoft Makes Robotics Developer Studio 2008 R3 Available for Free
- Free 3D CAD Modeling Software for Robots
- JETRO offers free incubator services Japanese high tech companies
- Invest 10 Minutes to Improve Robotics for (Your) Future