The results of the BotJunkie robot group naming contest are in and the winners have been announced. All things considered, it was quite an interesting exercise for all concerned.
Some of the unexpected surprises:
- The number of entries easily exceeded 300 and was roughly 3X larger than we originally expected.
- The creativity and imagination of the entrants was absolutely great.
- A few of the suggested names were so obscure that we were forced to look them up in a technical dictionary to figure out what they meant.
- None of the judges agreed… Come to think of it, that shouldn’t have been a surprise at all…
- Our strategy of keeping our judging comments as short and sweet as possible in hopes that they would make the first page of the BotJunkie post worked perfectly.