What's going on today in my crazy robot world?
- 12:52 It's just a concept at the moment, but the Eddy design has lots of promise for construction. tinyurl.com/modular-construction-robot
- 12:55 Laurent gave us an exciting demo of the amazing ARToolkit, so of course we searched for it on Youtube (tinyurl.com/artookit-video)
- 13:47 Want to experiment with the ARToolkit to do something cool, like control your robot? (tinyurl.com/artoolkit-homepage)
- 14:00 Our fascination with robots dates back to the Erector sets we got for Christmas as a child. (tinyurl.com/erector-sets)
- 14:56 Palmisano put together a video showing a simple carpet monkey robot simulation using Phun2D. (tinyurl.com/carpet-monkey-simulation)
- 15:00 Phun: A 2D physics 'sandbox' that makes physics fun, and can be used for simple robot modeling. (tinyurl.com/phun-physics-software)
- 17:05 It's a little known robo-geek fact that the Kondo KRS40XX series servos can be daisy-chained (tinyurl.com/kondo-servo-daisychain).
- 17:08 Applying trajectory learning to robot steering can yield dramatic performance improvement (tinyurl.com/trajectory-learning-robot)
- 19:24 The slick HPI G-Dog robot is gathering a lot of interest on gadget blogs and magazines worldwide. (tinyurl.com/g-dog-robot-video)