What's In A Name… A Robot Name…
Since our MANOI AT01 robot is ready to take it's first baby steps, it's about time for us to come up with an appropriate name. It's tough. We want something that will be easily understood - at least among the robot community here, yet convey a lot of meaning and personality. While we haven't made a final decision yet, there is one name that really appeals to us a lot. Here's what we're thinking:
- This class of robots are 'humanoid'
- The MANOI name comes from 'huMANOId'
- Robots, like children, can be a lot of fun, but can also tend to be problems or troublesome at times.
- The Japanese word for 'problem' is 'mondai'
- If it isn't a problem, a common Japanese phrase is 'mondai-nai' usually translated as 'no problem!'
- In jest it is often pronounced 'Monday Night'
With that background, and mashing it all together, being the pun-lovers we are, the name we're favoring right now for our new robot is:
The implication is that he is likely to become quite a robotic problem child...
You might also enjoy: