Project M: MANOI AT01 Assembly – Progress Report #2
It's after midnight, early Monday morning actually, here in Japan, and we're about to call it a day. There's no 3-day holiday weekend - at least not this particular weekend, so most of our attention has to focus on work rather than play for the next few days.
Nevertheless, we've made pretty good progress in assembling our MANOI AT01 robot monitor unit (see chart below).
In terms of what the kit refers to as 'units', and we would more commonly call 'sub-assemblies', we've completed both the left and right arm, both shoulders, the power switch mounting and frames, the robots head, the foot soles and ankles.
There's still a lot of work to do before we're ready to put the robot through its paces. But, as time goes on we are able to work faster and smarter, caused in no small part by the fact that there are fewer and fewer component parts to chose from.
Here's a quick look at what has been accomplished so far, and what challenges lay ahead:
You might also enjoy: