At first it was a little difficult getting used to the Robopet remote control, and getting my new robot to behave and do what I wanted him to. But, after quite a bit of practice, and patience, I seem to be able to get him to do what I want him to - most of the time.
Learning how to control the Robopet was a real challenge. The biggest part of the problem was that the robot only sits still for a few seconds before it looses patience and starts to wander off doing its own thing. Of course it was taking me more than ten seconds to figure out which key to press on the remote control. And when he would start moving, I would loose my train of thought, and ususally reach out to grab him.
After a while I figured out that the poor Robopet has A.D.D. (Attention Deficit Disorder). But, luckily, there is a stop button on the remote! I learned to press stop frequently, and to press it again, and again, to keep his attention, and to buy enough time to figure out the controls.
So, after a few days, and probably close to three hours cockpit time, I’ve developed enough skill to be able to get the robot to do what I want it to, when I want it too – at least half the time.